market update for today

Do you think the market has turned? Do you think prices are still going down? Are they staying steady? Or are they going up? I personally think demand for homes went up starting in March of 2009. At least on some of the lower priced homes (highland park) and certain neighborhoods continue to be in demand (echo park and silver lake). Anything under 300k in Highland Park is flying off the shelves in multiple offers. I wrote an offer on a bank owned home in Highland Park and there were 21 other offers and it sold to an "all cash/no contingencies" buyer. I wrote another offer on a home in Silver Lake with 18 offers. Think of all the buyers that lost out and moved on looking for their next home. I am noticing some of the bank owned homes not wanting to deal with the strict guidelines of certain types of loans (like the FHA loan) because of the difficulties in getting a loan. The market is constantly shifting so this is my take for today. Any feedback or opinions are welcomed - I do this to give an inside scoop and am more interested hearing other people's thoughts. So let me know.

Comments